Friday, January 06, 2012

Spice Things Up, Pear still life

Delilah Smith
Art by Delilah


I painted the background last night.I did a light sketch of the pears that I wanted to paint. I had sketched then out on paper last night to decide how I wanted the composition.

I mix yellow ochre, ultramarine blue, and a dot of white to paint the dark areas of the pears.

I add lemon yellow to the dark yellow ochre mix and paint the general color of the pears.
The far pear in the backround I add a little alizarion crimson to the mix to darken it.

I add more detail and the steams.

I add a little lemon yellow for high lights.
I add the shadows and the reflections of the pears.
Spice Things Up
5x7
oil painting

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h


"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: