Monday, January 16, 2012

Cup with Pansies





I start with a yellow tinted canvas, then I draw a sketch of the cup and pot of flowers.


I mix purple and white for the back ground.

I paint the cup now that I have some background to help give it an environment.

I painted the clay pot using a mix of red iorn oxide, and cad orange. I use cad yellow for the sunlit area on the pot.

I add the flowers and greenery to the pot.

I add the details to the Pansie.

I decided to change the pansies. They seemed to be in a row and so I painted out a few of them. Thats the great thing about oil pinting you can always change things.
Cup with Pansies
5x7
oil painting
This painting is available at auction. Bidding starts at $49.00.






"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: