Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Gold fish, Fish art





I started with a 6x6 stretched gallery wrapped canvas.




I tinted the canvas with a wash of phthalo blue.


I did a quick sketch in transparent red oxide.


I then start adding the darkest colors . My goal at this point is to block in the back ground because I want my fish to be able to melt back into the darkness of it.


I start adding pure color to establish the fish forms. White and Cad, Red to start. I will correct these colors later.
I add a little more lemon yellow to the top of the canvas to green up that area. I then add indigo to the bottom. I continue to develop the fish form.


I use a rich mixture of cad yellow and cad orange for highlights on the fish. I keep working on the fins of the fish.


I finish putting the last details on the painting.


Goldfish
6x6
oil painting

Click here to Bid


"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:
Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: