Friday, June 15, 2012

Red Neck Rooster

Red Neck Rooster
Red Neck Rooster, painting by Delilah Smith
About This Painting: I like the term Red Neck. I have always thought of myself as a bit of a Red Neck. Farm girl and all but the dictionary says, A red Neck is a poor white uneducated southern white person.


Humm. I am from the North and have a masters degree, I wonder if the Red Neck thing is why people keep asking me if I am from the south.


I am working on a series for the fourth of July. I want a rooster, a fish, and all cupcake all with 4th of July themes. I had fun painting this fat guy but it is not what I want for my three paintings,maybe I should make that 4 paintings for the 4th. I want more of the look in the eye that Arizona Chicken had. I think I will try again with more back ground and a group of chickens. See you back at the coop and I better get painting if I want 4 now.

Red Neck Rooster
(F012-275)
This painting has some heavy impasto in it.
14x11 stretched gallery wrapped canvas with 1.5 inch painted sides.
Media: oil painting
Size: 11 in X 14 in (27.9 cm X 35.6 cm)
How to Purchase:








"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:
Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2012 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah
Pin It

No comments: