Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Why I paint Asparagus

Asparagus Tips
Asparagus TIps, painting by Delilah Smith
About This Painting:

 When I was shopping today; it was a very quick trip with the thermometer over 90 I just wanted to go to my cottage and relax in a inner tub in the water. I saw a package of fresh asparagus in the store, I didn't buy it because I was on a milk run and had to stop at Lowe's for some paint and at least ten other things were on my mind. When I got home and headed down to my studio in the cool basement of the house, the image of the asparagus came back to me and  I just knew I had to paint asparagus.

I never made it to my cottage today. My house is on a lake but I like my tiny cottage that is 90 miles away . It is where I can drip all over the place in my wet swim suit, drink wine and float around in an inner tube for the day and not think about all the work that needs to be done.

When I am here at the studio in my house it seems that I always have to much to do to stop and go for a swim. At the cottage there is no phone, no Internet, no TV, just my paints and the lake. I like it that way.


Another Asparagus Painting.

Asparagus Tips
8x16 oil painting on canvas mounted on a museum quality panel
Media: oil painting
Size: 16 in X 8 in (40.6 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $250 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $250 USD plus $15 USD s/h
"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2012 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah
Pin It

No comments: