Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Working with Olives in a still life

I am still playing around with the dots and olive theme. I keep rolling these little olives around in my mind but still haven't pushed the idea I am working with to where I want it to be yet. I have several others paintings of olives that I have started and I will keep working on the idea. I like the feel that I am getting with them but I am still working out a color grouping that I am happy with. I have been arranging tones and establishing relationships.What I pair the colors with completely changes the views experience. Green next to yellow has a totally different feel then green next to blue or brown. The key to remember is there are no bad colors combinations, only bad proportions.

Olives in a Still Life
Olives in a Still Life, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Olives in a Still Life
7x5 oil on canvas mounted on hardboard

Media: oil painting
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Price: $70 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $70 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email




"post your opinion in the comments"or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com,,Thank You:Visit my web site Art by Delilah http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: