Thursday, January 05, 2012

Variable Paths,sailboats

Variable Paths
Variable Paths, painting by Delilah Smith
About This Painting:
Variable Paths
10 x 8 oil painting on stretched canvas
Media: oil painting
Size: 8 in X 10 in (20.3 cm X 25.4 cm)
Price: $200 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Delilah Smith
Art by Delilah

I started with an under painting of Phthalo green,a touch of Phthalo blue, and white.

I did a quick sketch of the boats with transparent red oxide.

I started adding the sky color and a few indications of clouds.

I added a little Dioxazine purple to the bottom of the clouds and to the horizon line.

I painted an indication of the hills in the background and then started on the hulls of the boats.

I started playing with the color of the ocean in the foreground. I wanted it be a green color.
I added a little more Phthalo Blue to the water and began developing the boat reflections.

I add more motion to the foreground.

Then put in the mast and the rolled sails.




Variable Paths
10x8
oil painting

opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:
Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: