Monday, January 09, 2012

Sailfish, fish paintings

Delilah Smith


I started todays painting on a 6x12 stretched canvas,


My palette get a little messy sometimes. I use the same limited setup on my palette each day.

I put an under painting down with phthalo blue at the bottom adding lemon yellow and white as I move to the top of the canvas. I then sketch in the sailfish with red iron oxide.


I put down some of the local color of the fish using phthalo blue and cad orange,


I add some dioxazine purple to the fine.
I work on some of the details of the fish.


Sailfish
6x12
oil painting

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $15 USD s/h


"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust

All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

2 comments:

Brenda Ferguson said...

Wonderful, Delilah! Love the flowing lines...and the color!
Brenda

Delilah said...

Thanks Brenda.