Monday, January 02, 2012

Rooster


Delilah Smith



I started the painting with a toned canvas.



I sketched the basic composition in with transparant red oxide. Iwanted to make sure that I had rom for the tail feathers.

I painted the sky with a mixture of phthalo blue and white.

I developed the background.

I develop the comb and throat feathers.

I add the forground color and the shadow of the rooster.


Using a large brush , I block in the darkest colors of the Rooster. I add the throat feathers.  I use cad. orange and alizarin crimson.

I added some green to the tail feathers. I I add more details . I mix white and yellow ochre for the legs and feet.
I tweak a few of the small things


Rooster
5x7
Oil painting




"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: