Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Manatee


I did a scketch of what I was planing on painting. I dont put much detail into this because I will paint over it.

I start painting in the base color.

I add more color to the manatee using burnt umber, red iron oxid and phthalo green,


I add the sky above the water using phthalo green, alizarian crimson and white.


 I add the mangroves that the Manatee love to eat.



I begin to add the water,

I indicate the fish and add more shadows.


I add more color to the fish.

I add the weeds and stones to the bottom of the ocean. I add more detail and finish the painting.

Manatee
10x10
oil painitng
$200.00


Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD plus $15 USD s/h


"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: