Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Three Fish- SOLD

I did a very quick sketch of the fish and toned the back ground with yellow ochre.


This is a RayMar canvas panel that is 8x10. I almost always use RayMar panels for my daily paintings and all of my small work because of the high quality of the panels and the ease of storage.
I have started to add dark colors to the painting.


Now I start to add some of the local color

Adding more of the local color. When I paint fish I paint from my imagination so it takes me a while to get feel for just how I want the painting to flow.

Now I start to add some of the background color. I have decided that I just want color for the background no images such as rocks or weeds.

With some of the background in I start adjusting the color of the fish.

It's starting to look more like what I want but it still needs more detail.


I want the fish to have a little bit of an abstract quality to them.


Three Fish
8x10
oil painting

SOLD






"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: