Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fish Face

Delilah Smith
Art by Delilah

Today I am working on a square 6x6 gallery wrapped stretched canvas. I have a series of fish on 6x6 canvas so I want to add a few more to the series.

I start with a rough sketch in red oxide.


This time I add the background color first because I want the fish to pop out at me and I will work both the background and fish my point of interest at the same time.

I start by adding the darks. I can't have lights until I have darks.
I put in some of the local color,

Now I start building up the color.

The fish needs a little reflected light which will come from the top and a small part from the bottom. I begin adding it.
I build up the color layers and add more detail.


I add accent colors and a few high lights.


Fish Face
6x6
oil painting

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $120 USD plus $10 USD s/h








"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  

For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: