Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Spontaneous Pansies- SOLD


I start with a blank untoned canvas.

I then sketch in the basic shapes with transparent red oxide.I just put in general shaped because I will be painting over this. I just added transparent red oxide to my palette about 4 months ago and I am in love with it.


Next I add the darks.



I fill in the background color and continue working the over all local color of the flowers.



I like the feel of the painting right here and I may do another one with this very simple design. But I am going to tfinish this painting alla prima today.


Now I add a little more detail.

Time to finish this oil painting up.


Spontaneous Pansies
5x7
Oil Painting

SOLD

"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:

Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: