Sunday, September 04, 2011

Nude oil painting


Delilah Smith
Art by Delilah

Thinking, nude
About This Painting: I like to put stripes in my paintings so I had to add the blue stripes to this nude study, I have always liked the Color Field painters works so that may be why I need a few stripes every now and then.

For years, the fashion world has told us that vertical stripes make the body look slimmer because they draw the eyes up and down. Horizontal stripes supposedly do the exact opposite, drawing attention to the widest parts of the body and making us look like swollen watermelons.
So I think I will just use curvy ones and make them wonder. To see more of my paintings visit my web site Delilah-Smith.

7x5 oil painting on canvas mounted on a museum quality panel ready to be framed

Media: oil painting
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Price: $100 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email
"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:
All images are © 2004-2011 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah

No comments: