Monday, May 24, 2010

Country Roads

Yesterday was the a glorious day of sunshine. I worked in the garden all day pulling those nasty old weeds and planting flowers. Flowers that could grow up to be wonderful subjects for painting to come. My mind was a whirl of ideas.

My goal for the day was to put in a small fountain. I hauled wheel barrel load after wheel barrel load of stones to the spot where I want my garden creation to stand. I had a visions of a bubbling little fountain where the birds from my garden feeder could stop for a quick drink splash a little and be on their way. My arms ached from the realty of my vision,my back finally gave out. As an artist in the mist of a creation I refused to let physical weakness,blistered hands,and a hot steamy day win. I could not let my dreams vanish into the humidity of the day, so woman that I am, a woman with tools,I took out the back hoe and carried stones back and forth in the bucket.

I am still in the mist of my project today. I have to make a quick trip over to the Mill to order a load of mulch, then back to work on the project. I have seeds to plant and much more in mind, my creative mind is in the garden today. It is still in a whirl of ideas.

Country Road
Country Road, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Country Road
8x10 oil on hardbaord, ready to frame

Media: oil painting
Size: 10 in X 8 in (25.4 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $150 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email




"post your opinion in the comments"or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com,,Thank You,Visit my web site Art by Delilah http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: