Monday, March 22, 2010

Santorini Blue,geraniums









The Greek Island of Santorini is my favorite. Of course I have only been to six of them and there are 226 that are inhabited.
I arrived by boat at Athinaos we rented a car and started up the mountain to the view of the Caldera. The road weaves around like a drunken snake with a thousand foot cliff at my side. My husband is afraid of high places so this was really a thrilling adventure of a drive, The hair pin turns, the one lane traffic, I highly recommend the bus.

The death defining drive is worth it when you see the sunset on Caldera. We spent a week on Santorini and a month on other Greek Islands. My memories are of the sunsets on the Caldera with a glass of wine and a bowl of "Kalamata" olives. When I think of Greece I think of the Greek blue and white homes and big blue pots of geraniums in front of them.

Santorini Blue, geraniums in pots
Santorini Blue, geraniums in pots, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Santorini Blue
6x8 oil painting


Media: oil
Size: 8 in X 6 in (20.3 cm X 15.2 cm)
Price: $100 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $5 USD s/h
Or, send me an email



"post your opinion in the comments"
or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com
Thank You
Visit my web site Art by Delilah http://www.artbydelilah.com

2 comments:

Paintdancer said...

Delilah, this is such a wonderful little painting! It is so fresh and cheerful and I love the blue and orange compliments!

Delilah said...

thank you so much.