Sunday, February 06, 2011

Grazing Horse


When I started this painting I decided on a soft muted color palette. First I drew the landscape and horse in burnt sianna. I used a lavender mixed from phthahlo blue and alzarian crimson. I kept very soft edges on the landscape because I wanted to use hard edges on the horse. I painted the shadows on the horse first with shades of burnt umber, The last details were the shadow under the horse and the high lights on the tail.

Grazing Horse

About This Painting:
Grazing Horse
7x5 oil on canvas mounted on hardboard ready to frame. This painting is sold unframed.

Media: oil painting
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)

How to Purchase:
click here to bid on this painting

Or, send me an email



"post your opinion in the comments" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com,,Thank You:Visit my web site Art by Delilah http://www.artbydelilah.comDelilah Smith" Daily Painter"

2 comments:

David Larson Evans said...

LOVE THE COLOR PALETTE AND THE HANDLING OF THE BRUSH.GREAT JOB

Delilah said...

Than you so much, Job