Monday, December 28, 2009

Girl with the Smile- SOLD

This painting is part of the year end challenge at Different Strokes from Different Folks. I painted her portrait from a picture sent to me by Karin Jurick's challenge blog called Different Strokes from Different Folks. Each artist sent Karin a photo of themselves. Karin then sent them out to other artists to paint.

I had fun with this portrait, played with it a little it is not an exact likeness. There are paintings by 180 artist who participated in the event post at Different strokes, so take a look.

I have found out that the painting was of Tracie Brown,. If you would like to see the painting she did of me please viste her blogTracy Brown.

Girl with the Smile
Girl with the Smile, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Girl with the Smile
12x10 oil on canvas mounted on hardboard ready to frame.This painting was done as part of the year end Portrait swapping challenge at Different Strokes from Different Folks.

Media: oil
Size: 10 in X 12 in (25.4 cm X 30.5 cm)
SOLD

4 comments:

tracie brown said...

Hi Delilah. It's me.. the girl with the smile!! :) Your painting is beautiful!!! I love your loose and colorful strokes. GREAT JOB! ... and ps. I'm a good buy at a hundred bucks. ;)

love it!!

Delilah said...

Thank You Tracy, I loved the painting you did of me.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

You can tell you had a lot of fun doing this - the joy and whimsy shows. Very nice!

Delilah said...

I can't wait until next year and we do it again.