Tuesday, June 02, 2009

In the Crack

In the Crack
In the Crack, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:

Once again the first of the month theme is here. For the first wednesday of June - June 3 - the theme for the daily painters is 'All Cracked Up'. Any variation on the theme is fine - humor, literal cracks, or whatever. So I decided to paint something growing out of the cracks. I am always amazed when I go into the flower beds or my garden and find something so tightly rooted in a small crack in the rocks. As I went out looking a saw this strawberry plant down in the crack of the rocks that make up the boarder of the flower bed. A strawberry had sent out a runner and this is where it had decided to root.

In the Crack
oil on canvas mounted on hardboard
8x6

Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 8 in (15.2 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $100 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments: