Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hydrangeas painted with a palette knife

Hydrangeas in a Vase
Hydrangeas in a Vase, painting by Delilah Smith
About This Painting:
My objective is to use texture to give an authentic appearance to a particular object or area in my composition when I use a palette knife. The knife works well for me as I am never washing brushes or worrying about muddy colors from residual grays left in a brush. I use a lot of paper towels to wipe my knife clean as it is important to me to always know exactly which colors are on my knife and I know I’m using the colors I intended to use. Sometimes it is necessary to scrape the paint off areas that have already been painted so the newly applied colors are not mixing with other colors underneath. The palette knife is a great tool for altering or adjusting incorrect areas in a painting quickly, therefore it is easier to make necessary corrections.
Hydrangeas in a Vase
10x8 oil painting on stretched canvas
Media: oil painting
Size: 8 in X 10 in (20.3 cm X 25.4 cm)
Price: $200 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD plus $10 USD s/h
"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:
Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2012 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah
Pin It

No comments: