Monday, August 06, 2012

Bear Stare Oil painting






Bear Stare
About This Painting: I have been up north in Glen Arbor Michigan painting at sleeping bear sand dunes and National Park this week. It was 98 in the shade and with the reflection from the sun I baked. I painted several great lake Michigan paintings but today I had bears on the mind so I painted a big furry one for my daily painting.

The Legend of Sleeping BearLong ago, along the Wisconsin shoreline, a mother bear and her two cubs were driven into Lake Michigan by a raging forest fire. The bears swam for many hours, but eventually the cubs tired and lagged behind. Mother bear reached the shore and climbed to the top of a high bluff to watch and wait for her cubs. Too tired to continue, the cubs drowned within sight of the shore. The Great Spirit Manitou created two islands to mark the spot where the cubs disappeared and then created a solitary dune to represent the faithful mother bear.

Bear Stare
8x10
oil painting on stretched canvas.
Media: oil painting
Size: 10 in X 8 in (25.4 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $200 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD plus $10 USD s/h
"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:
Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
All images are © 2004-2012 Delilah Smith, Art by Delilah
Pin It

No comments: