Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Bee


I have decided to paint another bee painting because I am a rebel with a cause. There is a new scam out in art land where I have been getting at least one email a day sometimes several form people pretending to be college professors writing books on bees and wanting more information on me and my art work. Gee Whiz I am sure my mother maiden name has influenced my work greatly.
Dear Delilah Smith,

I am a Professor of Entomology at Agriculture faculty in Udine University (Italy); I take an interest in Apidology and with my friend dr. Giuseppe Bergamini (director pinacoteca - Galleria Tiepolo - in Udine and an art critic) I am collecting materials (no object but only illustrations) about honeybee and other apistic subjects (like beehive, honey and the queen of honeybees) in painting and sculpture range. I am writing you this e-mail because I would like to ask you and help to continue this work. Do you have some notices regarding this


purpose? My "trip" (" the honeybee in the Art ") is publishing in following parts on the national journal for beekeepers (APITALIA).
To see it you can use this addresses:
http://www.cartantica.it/
http://www.antropologiaartesacra.it/
http://www.apicolturaonline.it/lett.htm.
Maybe you will find in them something of interest.
It still could be necessary a lot of time to arrive to: "The honeybee in the contemporary art" and to "The honeybee in the naif art" . I often describe different artistic authors in the same article because I have not so much space in each number of beekeeper's journal. Now I am collecting and gathering all the material, and also you have given me a great help in this sense.
But, if it is possible, I need another help from you.
I have found in Internet (http://picturespotspens.blogspot.com/2010/02/miss-bees-painting-of-week.html the painting that I enclose.




Can you tell me please the font of them? Where I can find them? date?

1. Can you send me "some phrases" concerning the work?
2. Do you some biography data about Delilah Smith? Does he belong to an artistic current?
3. Of course I have no scope of lucre, so may I have your permission to use these imagine?
4. In regard with the last point, do you have some photos with a high and better
resolution? It could be better for the print.
5. date and place of birth?
6. Adress?

Thank you very much for your help and I hope that I did not interrupt your work.
Prof. Renzo Barbattini



****************
Renzo Barbattini
Dipartimento di Biologia e Protezione delle Piante
Università degli Studi di Udine
Via delle Scienze, 208 IT 33100 UDINE (Italy)
tel. +39 0432 55 85 07 - 03 (secr.)
fax +39 0432 558501
E-mail: renzo.barbattini@uniud.it
****************

It sounds so good doesn't it but I have gotten six of them from different people.

Now for real if you would like to purchase my painting the information is below.

Spring Bee

About This Painting:
Spring Bee
oil painting
5x7
oil on canvas mounted on a quality panel

Media: oil painting
Size: 7 in X 5 in (17.8 cm X 12.7 cm)
Price: $100 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email






"post your opinion in the comments" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com,,Thank You:Visit my web site Art by Delilah http://www.artbydelilah.comDelilah Smith" Daily Painter"

No comments: