Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easter Chicks

I grew up on a Michigan farm and my mother used to raise chicken and sell the eggs. This was her spending money for the extras that she wanted, usually something for us kids. I never remember my Mom spending much on herself.

In the spring we used to get new baby chicks. They came in a big cardboard box with little round holes in the side.You could peek in the holes and see them running around in the box. The new chicks were place in a bigger box with out a lid and with a heat light to keep them warm until the grew a little. A fruit jar with a special lid that you turned upside down was used to water them. If you got close to the box you could hear their little peeping sounds. When Mom would let you hold them they were light as a feather and so soft. These are some of my special things, the things I remember back when in Michigan.

Easter Chick, farm animals
Easter Chick, farm animals, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Easter Chick
6x6 oil painting on gallery wrapped stretched canvas with painted sides, ready to hang as is or it may be framed.

Media: oil painting
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)

How to Purchase:
click here to bid on this painting

Or, send me an email


"post your opinion in the comments"
or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com
Thank You
Visit my web site Art by Delilah http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: