Monday, June 09, 2014

Townsend Park


Townsend Park plein air landscape
Townsend Park plein air landscape, painting by Delilah Smith
About This Painting: Townsend Park is located in Cannonsburg Michigan near the Cannonsburg ski resort. I had a day of Plein Air painting with GLPAPA. The day was a 10 with temperatures in the 80's and total sunshine.
The first painting I did I stood in a beautiful sunny spot with light streaming through the trees and the dark woods behind the well light stream. I wanted to paint a portion of the stream. After about 30 min I realized what a mistake I had made , the sun was cooking my like a lobster. I painted as fast as I could spraying my self with sun block, the paint was literally drying on my pallet. 

The painting above is the second one I did that day after a lunch break at the Honey Creek Pub.If you are ever in the area stop and and eat at the Honey Creek Pub the food is yummie. Refreshed and cooled down we went back to the park to pant. I chose a shady area and finish cool and tummy full and painting second  painting of the day completed.

Townsend Park
oil painting
8x10 panel
Media: oil painting
Size: 10 in X 8 in (25.4 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $200 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD plus $10 USD s/h

"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:
Art by Delilah, with a Passion for PaintingAll Images © 2006-2014

No comments: