Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hen and Chicks


Hen and Chicks
Hen and Chicks, painting by Delilah Smith
About This Painting: As soon as I start to think of spring I think of chicks. My Mom use to raise chickens on the farm. Most farm women did because it was their egg money that allowed them to buy the little things they needed. 

We always got boxes of little baby chicks in the spring. We would keep them in the basement in a box that had little holes in it with a heat light on them until it was warm enough to take them out to the hen house. I would go down by the box and and take one or two out of the box and carefully hold those soft yellow balls of fluff, They were so soft and warm I loved the sound of all the peeping that can from the box. I still have a ball going to Farm and Fleet the local farm supply store in the spring when they have the big tubs of baby chicks in. I can't remember if they give you the chicks if you buy the chicken feed there. I think they do but I just paint them so I will stop in take a few picture and enjoy the sound of those little peeps.

Hen and Chicks
8x10 oil painting on a museum quality panel
Media: oil painting
Size: 10 in X 8 in (25.4 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $200 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD plus $10 USD s/h

"post your opinion in the comments" Or, send me an email
Thank You:
Art by Delilah, with a Passion for PaintingAll Images © 2006-2013

No comments: