Thursday, February 18, 2010

Free Spirit

The process of painting an oil painting varies by the type ans size if the painting.



Some artist paint each painting the same way. I use different techniques based on what I want to achieve. I start here with a painting panel made by RayMar Art.

The front of the panel which has ultra smooth canvas mounted on it which permits more paint manipulation.


I then do a quick thumb nail sketch. I don't put in many details because it will be painted over.




Next I put in some bold lines and start the painting.




In this painting I put in the background first because it was going to stay simple with little detail.




The finished painting.

Free Spirit, Equestrian Art
Free Spirit, Equestrian Art, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Free Spirit
6x8
oil on canvas mounted on hardbaoard


Media: oil
Size: 8 in X 6 in (20.3 cm X 15.2 cm)
Price: $100 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email








"post your opinion in the comments"
or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com
Thank You
Visit my web site Art by Delilah http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: